Benefits Manager for Burke in Cincinnati, Ohio
(This came to me from Lisa Bostrom of Burke - Steve)
Burke, Inc. (www.burke.com), founded in 1931, is one of the world’s leading marketing research companies providing research, innovation, and guidance to many top Fortune companies helping them to grow their products and services. Our clients are in all industries from healthcare, CPG, technology, restaurants, and more.
The Opportunity – Why we need you!
We are seeking a Full-Time Benefits Manager in the greater Cincinnati OH area. This position is located in Our beautiful HQ located in downtown Cincinnati. We have a hybrid work environment, with employees working partly at home and partly in the office, but offer and support in the office every day as well. In this role, you will report to the VP of HR, partner with others in HR, managers and business leaders in the organization, and serve all employees, working in Cincinnati or elsewhere in the US.
How you will have an impact:
- Administer all employer-provided benefit plans, voluntary plans, the wellness program, and other projects that align with our culture and support the strategic plan.
- Oversees benefit plan renewal activity and benefit plan open enrollment including communications and coordination with vendors and payroll.
- Evaluate and recommend benefit plan changes, enhancements as well as new plans and programs as needed to support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees.
- Stay apprised of benefits and compensation labor market trends. Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation for each position.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance HR systems (HRIS) concerning benefits and compensation data.
- Coordinates and oversees the leave administration process, educational assistance program and other family-friendly benefits.
- Manage all aspects of 401(k) administration, and all compliance activities such as audits, 550s, plan documents, SPDs and amendments.
- Partner with the accounting team in the administration of the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Managing the wellness program to ensure it is meeting its goals and is engaging employees.
- Maintaining accurate records of employee benefit elections and changes.
- Coordinating retiree benefit plans.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Develops benefits communications and guides employees on benefits-related issues.
- Conduct research on employee satisfaction (using surveys & quantitative data).
- Evaluate and monitor all benefit programs and identify and implement changes as regulations and the marketplace evolves.
- Develop strategies and materials to communicate benefits information to employees.
- Ability to digest large amounts of data, identify trends and anomalies, trace and resolve root causes of outliers and determine and communicate the story of the data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- A positive, self-starter, used to working collaboratively in a hybrid work environment with technology including Zoom, MS Teams, or other methods of online collaboration.
- High level of proficiency in Excel with demonstrated skill in pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas.
- Excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems.
- Experience with employee satisfaction surveys a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance, Human Resources, or related field is required; minimum 5+ years of experience with benefit plan administration. Experience as a Compensation and Benefits Analyst, Manager or similar role preferred.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Solid understanding of ERISA, FMLA, ADA and FLSA laws.
- Strong orientation toward process improvement and an analytical, detail-oriented perspective.
- Must possess strong project management skills with success in managing multiple priorities and building efficient systems to track and report on projects, workflow, and results required.
Of course, it's not all about work though! There are always opportunities to get involved with whatever interests you - from events and socializing, volunteering, to joining in wellness initiatives. We also offer competitive pay and bonuses, generous health insurance, wellness and PTO benefits, free parking, and an onsite gym. As an employee-owned company, we give all employees stock and ownership in the company. We think it’s a special place – check us out!
Burke conducts a criminal background check on all potential employees as part of our hiring process. You may be asked to provide additional information for that purpose. (A conviction does not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.)
Burke is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit our site at: