Help Establishing a D&I Program
(This came to me anonymously from an HR practitioner who is new to her D&I Role. - Steve)
I am new to my Diversity & Inclusion role and my HR Director asked me to put things together. I'd love any input on the following questions:
- What have you practiced or done regarding your D&I program in your role and/or business to outline, plan, organize, and lead the program?
- What kinds of ideas and activities are you currently taking part in your business fostering that program?
- How did you develop metrics/statistics to weigh-in on what the program would include and look like?
- What resources did you use available to you to develop ideas and benchmarking?
- Can you provide examples of your program to me that are not confidential of/to your business that you are willing to share?
I’m asking for as much detail as to past/current practices related to your D&I Program only to compare and contrast. I’m not looking to mirror your program or practices, only to benchmark and research to determine how best I should move forward and what other organizations are practicing and taking part.
Thanks for any insight and input you can share. If you're open to talking more, please list your best contact information and I'll reach out to contact you.
You should definitely at the Clermont Chamber HR Roundtable event on March 11. Robin Shabazz will be our keynote followed by a panel discussion with three local organizations sharing their experiences with DEI. You can get more information here: