Part Time Human Resources (HR) Generalist at Open Up Resources in Portland, OR
Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a publisher of high-quality open educational resources in core content areas, with a vision of providing teachers with the tools to engage students in liberating educational experiences.
Open Up Resources’ portfolio seeks to include the highest-quality PK-12 curricula, with Green ratings by EdReports, validation from other respected entities, embedded supports for English Learners and Students with Disabilities, culturally relevant pedagogy, and effective professional learning.
We are leading a transformation in the instructional materials market by becoming an anti-racist organization and infusing every program, partnership, and practice with this intentionality so that our curriculum can catalyze anti-racist norms, structures, practices, and policies in education and society.
People Services (PS) is designed to strategically support the organization in ensuring all employees are diversely recruited, thoughtfully and thoroughly trained, continuing their education and have a clear, equitable growth path. PS manages the organization’s benefits and payroll as well as the strategy for internal communications. The HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Staff (COS) in implementing the strategic projects aligned to execute the above initiatives.
Scope of Work
- In partnership with the COS, support annual compensation analysis and job architecture program review.
- Succession planning program review and implementation support.
- Annual Employee Handbook revisions and strategic internal implementation.
- Employee asset management in partnership with the Finance department.
- Job description and talent acquisition support.
- Schedule interviews and assist in the interview process, partnering with the Equity & Impact Council.
- Talent contract management and tracking documentation in partnership with the Finance department.
- State specific employment law compliance documentation and management.
- Create, organize, and maintain a variety of highly confidential employment related records, files, reports, and certifications relative to Human Resources/payroll functions.
- Become a backup to payroll processing including expense reporting managing systems.
- Support Performance Management systems and guidelines across the organization
Ethics and Integrity Behave in a fair and ethical manner toward peers, partners, and customers; instill mutual trust and confidence; acts with honesty and integrity.
Planning/Organizing/Goal Setting Demonstrates the ability to organize tasks; develops realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability; defines realistic, specific goals and objectives; prioritizes objectives
Diversity Understands that each individual is unique and celebrates individual differences including race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, education, training, position, level of authority, seniority, full-time or part-time status.
Collaboration Cultivates a positive partner and customer service relationship, and fosters two-way communication; delivers products that exceeds or meets customer expectations.
Solution Oriented Able to take action in solving problems, using reason and a systematic approach.
- Experience within the K12 education market is preferred.
- Experience as an HR Generalist or other related field qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience with state and/or federal employment laws.
- Experience with contract terminology and/or paralegal experience.
- Experience in managing highly confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize appropriately in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient skills in Adobe and all Microsoft Office Suite applications; HRIS systems a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- At Open Up Resources, we believe in building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all applicants are considered for employment without attention to color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- We are seeking candidates who have lived experience related to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We are a completely virtual organization with headquarters in the California Bay Area.
- We offer competitive compensation, and generous benefits packages that include healthcare, dental, 401k and monthly health & wellness stipends.