Director of People Operations at Dalberg in NY, DC, Seattle, SF
Create a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Help people realize their full potential. Become a social impact leader.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities. Established in 2001, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are a passionate people professional energized by creating an inclusive culture where staff can thrive. As the leader of the People Operations team across Dalberg Americas, you will strike a balance between getting into the weeds to apply your knowledge and pulling up to design strategic plans for the future. In particular, we are seeking an individual who is able to demonstrate the competencies below:
- Experienced people professional. You have over 10 years of experience leading various talent functions and deeply understand how to attract, recruit, develop, motivate, and retain staff in a fast-paced culture. You have experience designing a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy and embedding those principles into all aspects of talent growth and culture.
- You are able to work seamlessly with all levels of an organization, working hand-in-hand with your team and with other functions to influence decision-making and achieve impact. You enjoy coaching teams, engaging with peers to share best practices and challenges, and sharing and receiving feedback.
- Strategic and creative problem-solver. You are able execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we will be six months, one year, and five years from now. You are eager to be innovative to solve challenges and drive forward new ideas and initiatives. You are comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative analyses to analyze issues and balance business and impact goals.
- Industrious and organized. You are adaptable. You work well in an entrepreneurial environment and can prioritize competing priorities while maintaining an attention to detail.
For this role, fluency in English is required and fluency in Spanish is an advantage given our growing team in Latin America.
What You Will Do
The Director of Americas Talent and Culture will be a senior leadership role within the firm overseeing the People Operations functions and supporting staff across our rapidly growing Americas offices – New York, Mexico City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. Reporting to the Regional Director of the Americas and liaising with colleagues across the globe, this role will manage two direct reports and a growing team of 4-5 People Operations professionals in total.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive talent strategy that brings a strong diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining staff across the Americas
- Champion a workplace that emphasizes inclusion and belonging and lead new initiatives through their ideation, planning, and execution phases alongside staff working groups
- Provide leadership on people related issues and human resources policies across the firm, including working with legal partners to ensure we are taking an equitable, compliant lens to our policies
- Identify training needs of the team and design and support roll-out of DEI, leadership, and technical skills development trainings in a variety of different forms (e.g., learning lunches, online trainings, in-person events)
- Lead and strengthen the performance management processes to grow and develop consulting and operations staff members
- Support and motivate the People Operations team by balancing getting into the weeds on details of processes and providing strategic problem-solving support. These efforts may include:
- Guidance on consultant project staffing processes, including problem-solving prioritization puzzles
- Supporting the development and execution of the recruitment and onboarding strategy, from candidate identification, through interview processes, and then onboarding into the firm
- Developing and leading a comprehensive retention strategy that includes a specific focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Providing strategic guidance on Human Resource related issues
What We Offer:
- A highly collaborative, flat, and entrepreneurial organization that provides the platform to make an impact on day one
- A uniquely talented, highly diverse, passionate and fun team
- A culture supportive of employee work/life balance
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in our culture, beliefs, systems, and processes
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities
Join Our Team
Your application should be submitted via our Dalberg website career portal, and should include a resume and cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
As part of our commitment to diversity of staff, Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Employment in Dalberg's US offices is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work permanently in the US.