Field HR Business Partner - Northeast Market for JOANN based in Rhode Island
The Field HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with Team Members and Leaders in the Field. The position serves as strategic business partner and consultant to the Regional Vice President (RVP) and District Managers (DMs) on human resource / performance-related matters. The successful HRBP acts as a Team Member champion and change agent for JOANN. The role uses data and analytics to assess and anticipate HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and Field Leaders, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions to support the business. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to Field Leaders and Team Members that reflects the Friendly, Clever Ally in the field. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducts weekly meetings with DMs and RVP and their respective business units.
- Consults with RVP and DMs, providing HR guidance to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Partners with Team Member Relations to resolve complex Team Member relations issues. Supports effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team Members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal team as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to RVPs and DMs to execute an effective Performance Management Cycle
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and other HR Departments to Reinforce "Hire Happy" for all field new hires, promotions and transfers and ensure process adherence.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual Field Leader coaching needs. Evaluate and monitor training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Extensive travel, including driving, which will normally be more than 70-80% of the time. Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Maintain home office or office within Region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Develop and execute strategic plans
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to persuade others
- Strategic HR Consulting – Serve as a strategic partner to business leaders, establishing HR business objectives that align with the overall company plans and strategic objectives.
- Team Member Relations – Partners closely with TMR team to guide, manage, and resolve complex employee relations issues. Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Coaching and Development – Provide performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, succession planning, and corrective action) to Stores, District Mangers, and RVPs.
- Communication - Facilitate learning conversations, stand up training and lead conference calls.
- Compliance – Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law requirements to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Provide guidance and interpretation of HR policy. Identify training needs and individual manager coaching needs.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: Bachelors Degree
- Experience Minimum: 3-5 years Human Resource experience, data analysis, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, high sense of urgency, ability to multi-task at a high level and maintain accuracy, prior experience in recruiting, training or HR generalist.
- Experience Preferred: Previous experience in an environment working with a decentralized workforce, retail experience, recruiting, training, succession planning, project management, HR generalist experience
You can use this link to apply: