Cleveland SHRM Virtual Learning: "It's Okay to be Human!!" 9/17/2020
Working with people can be challenging. It’s easy to become overwhelmed, burned out and become a person who goes through the motions in HR. However, that’s not who we should be – ever !! This session will confront the reality of where HR is in today’s organizations and where it should go. It starts with us being genuine humans ourselves. All. The. Time. You’ll learn proven ways to be yourself and be the leader you were meant to be as a business professional who happens to practice HR.
- Be Human Yourself – Learn how it’s safe to be yourself at work. In fact, it will set the model for your entire organization’s culture.
- Getting Unstuck – Move from being stagnant to being proactive and ahead of the furious pace everyone experiences.
- The C’s Have It – Start effectively working with the executives on purpose in showing them the value of a people-centric company.
- Invest in Others – Develop relationships with employees at all levels of the organization by intentionally investing your time.
- Define the Workflow – Learn how to effectively balance the mix of project-oriented work, employee relations situations and the constant push of daily HR work.
This program has been submitted for SHRM and HRCI recertification credit hour.
September 17, 2020
Program 9:00-10:00 AM
Virtual Event- webinar link is provided in registration confirmation email
***Special Offer- The first 100 individuals that register and fully attend this session will receive a copy of Steve Browne's book "HR Rising." Books will be mailed to the winners approximately one week after the program.
Steve Browne is the Vice President of Human Resources for LaRosa's, Inc. - a regional Pizzeria restaurant chain in Southwest Ohio with 12 locations and over 1,100 Team Members.
Steve has been an HR professional for 30 years and has worked in the Hospitality, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, and Professional Services industries in various HR roles.
He is currently a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Board of Directors and has held several other national, regional, state and local SHRM volunteer leader roles. He facilitates a monthly HR Roundtable as well as an HR internet forum, called the HR Net, which reaches over 12,500+ people globally each week.
Steve is an accomplished speaker who has been featured at local, regional and national Conferences, Chambers of Commerce, HR chapters and businesses.
He’s very active in Social Media and has a nationally recognized HR blog – Everyday People. (http://sbrownehr.com) He has authored a book called “HR on Purpose !!” which looks at Human Resources from a fresh, positive and intentional perspective, and his 2nd book, “HR Rising !!” is now also available on Amazon.