Great Opportunity: Corporate Human Resources Generalist- Hybrid Role! Portland, Oregon
Are you ready to make a positive impact on the organization and the team members you serve? Are you looking for a hybrid working environment?
Our client is looking for an experienced (Human Resources) HR Generalist to be the on-site HR Leader with Manufacturing experience to join their team in Portland, Oregon! This role allows for a hybrid work-week (combination of remote and on-site work).
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Corporate Human Resources Generalist
HR Generalists have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law, this is the place to be. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like administering employee benefits and leaves and processing payroll, and crafting HR policies. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. You’ll act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
About our client:
Located in NE Portland/Fairview, OR with over 100 years in business, our client has become a first-class global provider of customized solutions for precision metal stamping, wire forms, fabricated parts, springs, and integrated assemblies to a variety of markets. There is an immediate opening for an experienced HR Generalist to join our team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruits and onboards new hires, including coordination of temporary workforce.
- Manages employee relations issues with support from the Corporate Director of HR.
- Oversees employee performance management, including annual reviews.
- Maintains job descriptions and surveys the market for salary data.
- Administers employee benefit plans, including health plans, COBRA, ESOP, and 401(k).
- Maintains employee training files and updates skills matrix and ensures records are IATF 16949 compliant.
- A member of the safety committee and maintains OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Updates HR database information in HRIS and ADP benefits sites.
- Develops and coordinates employee events and recognition programs.
- Maintains company org charts and phone lists.
- Assists with global employee newsletter.
- Processes U.S. employee payroll in ADP Workforce Now.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as an HR Generalist, preferably in manufacturing. Bachelor's Degree in HR or Business and/or HR certification. Candidates must have strong communication skills, proficient in MS Office and HRIS systems, knowledge of local labor laws, experience administering payroll in ADP Workforce Now, and a strong commitment to exercise discretion and confidentiality as required by the nature of the position. We are searching for local candidates. There is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
The client offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, generous paid time off, and more! This role allows for a hybrid work week- both remote work and on-site.
*A post-offer/pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check are requirements of employment and participating in E-verify.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance