GCHRA HR How-To Seminar: How to Become and Emotionally Intelligent Communicator - 2/11/20
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Where:||Map this event »
Sibcy Cline - Professional Development Center
8044 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
|Presenter:||Patrice B. Borders, J.D., Prevention Strategies, LLC|
This “How To” workshop will provide participants relevant and actionable information and insights they will be able to develop a roadmap for increasing self-awareness and empathy to positively impact how to truly hear and validate others while communicating with compassion, along with being able to provide support and guidance to organizational leaders they support to also increase skills in this area.
• The introductory keynote of Search Inside Yourself will explore the role of attention training in enhancing focus and developing empathy
• Gain an understanding of mindfulness-based emotional intelligence foundational exercises that will increase one’s ability to calm the mind and enhance connection and compassion
• Learn the skills leaders need to create psychological safety and innovative collaboration within organizations and work teams
• Increase self-awareness of communication attributes and deficiencies that impact how others feel heard and validated
• Learn how to have fewer mixed messages and improve working relationships by leveraging curiosity and perspective-taking in your communications
For over 20 years, Patrice B. Borders, J.D., Founder and Principal of Prevention Strategies, LLC, has combined her employment law and human capital practices to globally counsel individuals and organizations on developing high performers, collaborative teams, and inclusive workplace cultures. She believes that, “workplace cultures are made up of behaviors and when behaviors change, cultures transform.”
As a speaker, facilitator, and executive coach, her high-impact message empowers people to be accountable for their actions and to make necessary and desired changes. She helps individuals and organizations evolve into better versions of themselves by leading them through the inside work – growing in self-awareness – to more effectively lead with insight and compassion. She has coached corporate, law firm, and non-profit leaders utilizing the concepts of emotional intelligence (EI) as a performance skill. Borders has delivered transformational training and coaching to individuals and audiences across the world.
Borders is a Certified Search Inside Yourself Teacher (the leadership development program born at Google, based on mindfulness, emotional intelligence and contemporary neuroscience). She is also certified in the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 Emotional Intelligence assessment tools, the Hermann Brain Dominance Instrument® and as a professional and executive coach.
Her personal mission is to #amplifyEI by sharing tips and strategies for leading with the 6 Cs of Emotional Intelligence: Comprehension (self/others), Connection, Communication, Collaboration, Conflict resolution/management), and Culture (authoring shared cultures of belonging).
Pending approval for:
2.75 SHRM Certification Credits!
2.75 General HRCI Credits!