Breakfast Meeting: Developing Boundary Spanning Leadership Skills with Donna Chrobot-Mason, PhD - 1/17/18
Join GATD for our January meeting to hear from Dr. Donna Chrobot-Mason as she shares about Boundary Spanning Leadership skills.
The most important challenges we face today are interdependent – they can only be solved by groups working collaboratively together. For businesses, governments, organizations and communities to solve current problems and realize new opportunities, leaders must think and act beyond current group boundaries and identities. Successful leaders in today’s fast-paced global work environment must develop the capacity to engage in boundary spanning leadership.
- Identify existing boundaries. Five boundary types will be explained. Participants will identify and clarify existing boundaries.
- Understand the leadership challenges such boundaries present.
- Participants will identify their unique boundary spanning leadership challenges and begin to examine such challenges as both a border (limitation) and a frontier (potential).
- Understand a three stage model for leading across boundaries. Research and theory from psychology and management, as well as research conducted with the Center for Creative Leadership, will be applied to the challenge of leading across boundaries to explain a new leadership model.
- Understand six leadership practices for transforming limiting borders into limitless frontiers. Based on interviews conducted with over 200 leaders, six practices for boundary spanning leadership were identified. Participants will uncover these six practices and specific tactics for achieving them. Through a series of reflection questions and group discussions, participants will begin to apply each practice to their own boundary spanning leadership challenge.
WHEN: Wednesday, January 17, 2018; 7:30-9:15am
WHERE: DoubleTree Suites - Blue Ash, 6300 E. Kemper Road, Sharonville, OH
COST and REGISTRATION: Member: $25 | Non-Member: $45 | Student: $15
To register and for more information, please visit our site at: