Executive Director of HR - FirstLight Home Care - Cincinnati, OH
Executive Director of Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Client Care Services
This is an Executive Leadership opportunity to build a strong foundation accelerating and enhancing tools for use by owners to drive employee recruiting for caregivers, all levels of home care aides, and their local managers. This HR professional will create and continually refine processes, tactics, successful tools to drive better acquisition of talent for franchise owners. As a member of our senior management team, this individual will also be charged with overseeing all human resource policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to both franchisor and franchisee implementation. Two initial direct reports will be the Director, Client Care Services, and the new Director-Human Resources, so to provide added depth to the initial departmental foundation. This structure will also insure ALL services, and, both HR and Recruiting practices deliver unmatched results across our entire industry.
This person will be especially critical to continually imbedding our “culture of care” into all areas of the business model, especially as it relates to ongoing enhancement of our in-home assessment, caregiver recruiting and the highest level of service delivery across the country.
The Executive Director will report direct to the President/CEO and work closely with all members of the franchisor team to aggressively identify, evaluate, pursue, and enable the highest level of quality care to be delivered through our franchise owners. They will also be part of our senior leadership team to drive results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in human resources, preferably in a health care environment with responsibilities in home care as a contributing part of this experience
- Exemplified creative development and results in recruiting large volumes of quality team members with leadership strengths in a home care or high-touch service organization.
- Experience working with the recruiting, training and retention of caregivers is an added plus
- Strong, deep knowledge of working human resource policies, procedures, and creation of human resource “best practices”
- Strong track record of working independently to meet or exceed organizational goals
- Experience delivering excellent levels of customer service and maintaining acute sensitivity to customer needs
- Solid communication, presentation and relationship building skills
1. Create a world-class recruiting process, utilizing both online and educational sources, that matches to the FirstLight HomeCare Culture of Care and helps to enable our accelerated growth for the next 7-10 years+.
2. Create, manage and continually enhance all training and educational materials for all classes of internal students such as caregivers, managers, new and existing owners and FLHC Franchising team members.
3. Develop and maintain all client satisfaction tracking, accountability from complaints, incident handling, survey process in each franchise office and establishing a complete quality assurance/performance improvement process working in conjunction with the Director, Client Care Services.
4. Work closely with selected outside resources, trade associations, strategic alliance partners and others as opportunities arise to build further competitive advantage to our operating model in these targeted areas of human resources, training and both franchisee and franchisor employee recruiting.
5. Aggressively develop and professionally present human resources, training and quality assurance in Discovery Day, New Owner Training offerings, as well as, regional and national meeting venues.
6. Continually evaluate evolving mechanisms to measure the satisfaction of our franchisees’ clients maintaining a specific client care satisfaction survey a minimum of monthly in every office, and, effectively manage all survey responses, data and results for presentation and performance tracking
7. Serve as the initial system SME regarding recruiting and human resource practices in a home care environment with specific focus on practices to enable quality recruiting, hiring, training and retaining of caregivers working for franchisees.
8. All other duties as assigned
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; extremely well-versed in use of internet, web search, social media and use of web-based tools especially working in State and related home and health care databases; comfortable with basic knowledge of CRM system and Google platform helpful
Ideal candidate must possess:
- Excellent writing skills (proofreading, grammar)
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work through conflict
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure, high-growth environment required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Based in franchisor offices in Cincinnati
- Office and field environments working successfully with franchise candidates, franchise owners, provider partners, strategic alliances, and fellow team members
- Up to 15% - 20% travel required on request
Very competitive base salary with starting range to be determined based on experience, plus annual bonus eligibility to be established in advance based on meeting or exceeding annual individual, departmental and team goals.