CincySHRM HR Roundtable - 9/5/23
I hope this email finds you well while we face this sweltering heat !! It’s interesting that when we get weather like this, we tend to slow down because it’s so oppressive and that’s a good move.
Ironically, we don’t take the same approach when it comes to the pace of work. We seem to be constantly flying around as if running at a breakneck speed is deemed as being a “performer.” Honestly, it just means you’re always moving. I’d venture to speculate that it may even hinder the best performance you could give.
What if we considered a different approach? The topic for the September Roundtable is - ”How Can We Adopt a Measured Approach to Work (and Life) ??”
To participate, you’re going to need to take a break from your hectic pace to join us on Tuesday, 9/5/23 from 8:30am to 9:30am at Scarlet Oaks in the Annex next to the High School Cafeteria. (directions are below)
Yes, I know this is the day after Labor Day. That’s okay. We’ve been meeting the day after the holiday for many, many years now and we always get a very full room. This should be the same.
Let me break into your daily pattern one more time and ask you to please take a moment and respond to this announcement to let me know if you can attend next month by emailing me at - firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope everyone who is able can make it. Please let me know.
Thanks – Steve
Instructions for the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- The HR Roundtable is open to one and all !! The meeting has an HR/Business focus each month and we get together to discuss that topic as well as network. So, if you’re in HR, are a small business owner, are a resource partner who works with HR folks, a professional in transition, etc. – you are welcome to attend the Roundtable !!
- The “dress” for the Roundtable is business casual. We’re not very formal and you’ll be fine however you dress. It’s more important to have you come and attend the forum !!
- Please come in and sign in for the Roundtable. Note that if you go to any other Great Oaks door, you’ll be asked to have a picture ID and you will receive a Visitors badge as part of their security system.
- Chances are I’ll be outside to greet you and welcome you to the Roundtable so you can find the right door to come and join the forum !!
- If you’re someone in transition, feel free to bring five (5) copies of your resume to put out at our Resume Table. Make sure to staple them if you have multiple pages.
Directions to the HR Roundtable at Scarlet Oaks:
- From I-71: Take I-275 West to Mosteller Road (Exit #44); From I-75: Take I-275 East to Mosteller Road (Exit #44)
- Turn Left (south) onto Mosteller Road.
- Turn Left at the 1st traffic light onto East Kemper Road.
- The Entrance to the Great Oaks campus is 0.7 miles on the Left at the 3rd traffic light.
- Turn left onto Enterprise Drive and go straight past the gateway entrance.
- Go to the Parking Lot in front of the High School.
- The entrance for the Annex by the cafeteria is to the left of the campus’s Main Entrance. Here is a link for a map of the Scarlet Oaks campus. - http://mapq.st/2i6LBRD