Payroll Administrator opportunity for American Mortgage in Springdale, Ohio!
American Mortgage is currently seeking an energetic, self-starter to fill the role of Payroll Administrator in Cincinnati, OH at our Springdale headquarters office. This role will also be given the flexibility to work in the office or split between the office and remotely if desired. The Payroll Administrator will be part of the Human Resources team and will report to the VP of Human Resources.
The Payroll Administrator will manage the payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations, while providing outstanding customer service to our 250 employees.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who has a positive attitude, enjoys helping people, and is looking to join a company that is employee-focused. If you have the qualifications listed below and want to join a friendly and passionate team, we encourage you to apply.
- Completes proper processing of multi-state payroll to ensure timely and accurate payroll transactions including salaries, commission, bonuses or other compensation, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions.
- Enters and maintains accurate and timely updates in the payroll system including new hires, terminations, changes to pay rates and other updates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Completes all year-end payroll operations including issuing W-2’s, annual reconciliations, submission of wage data to the state and local governments, and balancing payroll accounts.
- Provides outstanding customer service to employees in multiple locations & worksites to answer their payroll questions, resolve problems related to payroll, and communicate information to keep them informed and educated concerning payroll subjects.
- Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Performs other Human Resource departmental needs as assigned.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices, including preparation, balancing, internal control, variable pay/commission, multiple pay schedules and expert knowledge of multi-state payroll operations and federal, state, and local payroll laws.
- The desire to keep up with changing tax & payroll legislation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with payroll software; ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
- Outstanding internal customer service and communications skills, both written and oral.
- 3 + years of experience processing payroll
- Full cycle process including starting the payroll cycle, entering payroll information, verifying information, previewing and accepting payroll
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
Interested people can apply at our site:
About the Company:
American Mortgage Service Company started in 1975 and is focused on helping individuals realize the dream of homeownership and the importance for them to be able to work with a reputable, honest, and family-based company. Visit our website to learn more: https://americanmortgage.com/