Part-Time HR Manager at The Mom Project in Chicago, Illinois
Company Industry: Logistics
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Part-Time HR Manager
Commitment Level: 15 hours per week, 50% remote, 50% on-site, contract through April 2022
Our client's long-term mission is to assist millions of merchants in their growing need to adopt new technology, regardless of where they sell their products and services.
The Human Resources Manager will help our client continue to build, evaluating current HR policies and procedures, establishing new HR initiatives, and providing an amazing employee experience for all employees. As a member of the HR team, you will be key to ensuring the continuous growth and success of their organization and culture by working with the current team on initiatives such as new hire onboarding, training and development, and HR policy and compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design policies and materials to provide excellent employee experience and to ensure compliance in a multi-state, multi-entity environment.
- Standardize policies and practices across multiple operating entities.
- Partner with HR teams at subsidiary companies to design, implement, and measure HR programs.
- Partner with Finance and Operations teams to maintain appropriate registrations and filings.
- Work with legal to make sure all correct documents are in place for on-boarding and new employees and when people leave the company.
- Recruiting: Oversee all aspects of the recruiting process with our recruiting partner, Covert. From job posting to onboarding new employees. Manage interview process, reference checks, offers and new hire paperwork.
- Administration: Maintain employee records and field administrative requests.
- Culture Activities: Act as a culture ambassador, monitoring the “pulse” of the organization, supporting employees and managers to enact changes to support and enhance the company culture.
- Assist in planning events inside and outside of the office engaging the team. (Holiday parties, happy hours, etc.)
- Performance Reviews and Management: Oversee the annual performance review process and work with supervisors to manage performance issues.
- Proven track record of success with 5+ years of HR experience in high growth companies.
- Experience in multiple HR disciplines (e.g. recruiting, employee engagement, compliance, benefits, etc.)
- Experience with multi-state operations.
- Deep understanding of compliance frameworks.
- Holistic understanding of technical recruiting, as well as go to market recruiting.
- Ability to drive efforts and projects through influence, relationships, and broad knowledge.
- Strong project management skills: good follow-through on goals, plans, and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Ability to research complicated questions, distill answers, and implement them practically.
- Strong leader that is able to partner internally to address key issues.
- Metrics driven with an analytical mindset and harnesses that data to make better decisions.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Self-starter who loves taking initiative and proactively provide suggestions for how to streamline and improve processes.
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments.
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character.