HR Manager at CPG Talent Management in High Point, NC
About the job
The Plant HR - Human Resources Manager is an integral part of the plant leadership team including building our culture in a high speed manufacturing facility. This role will have full plant HR responsibilities as a one person HR team for a single site manufacturing plant with around 100+ employees.
We believe in taking care of our employees and offer Excellent Retirement Benefits!
The Human Resources Manager will serve as primary contact and business partner to the plant manager, local plant leadership staff and partner with Corporate HR & Business Units. Partner with the plant manager to execute programs and strategies at the plant including LEAN related programs to drive efficiencies. Delivers results through the daily execution key processes such as talent acquisition, employee development, performance management, compensation planning, positive employee relations and labor relations, and talent development programs. Provide front-line HR support for all plant based employees regardless of function. These activities will include day-to-day support of professional and senior professional employees in the areas of talent acquisition, training, performance management, employee inquiries, union grievances and transaction processing. In collaboration with corporate HR leaders across the company, will be accountable for deploying initiatives within the plant and agricultural environments in the areas of talent action planning, year-end performance/compensation planning and strategic employee strategies at manager level and above.
Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university required. Master’s degree in HR preferred. PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Must have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of human resources and employment practices (selection, interviewing, job evaluations, contract administration, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years direct HR experience required, including a minimum of 2 years in an HR Supervisor or Manager role.
- Experience in human resources function in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the beverage or F&B Manufacturing Packaging environment.
- Safety knowledge including Workers Comp to support plant EHS Manager
- Continuous Improvement/LEAN oriented mindset
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the business partner and main point of contact for the plant manager to executes the plant’s business plans.
- Human Resources Manager is responsible for site employee and multiple value streams and/or operations.
- Delivers training and development programs to improve organization capability and effectiveness.
- Develop a local workforce plan and local strategy to successfully recruit, develop and retain qualified candidates.
- Ensure newly hired employees are on boarded and train to successfully perform their jobs in a safe manner.
- Actively support plant management to apply Daily Lean Management System (DLMS) and lean problem solving skills to resolve performance issues
- Assist plant management in the development of future leaders, succession planning, and effective workforce planning.
- Partners with plant manager to establish and maintain the culture through companies mission, values, and behaviors in action. Champion and implement change initiatives in support of business strategies.
- Execute all HR policies, practices and processes to ensure legal compliance with regulatory standards and legal obligations governing employee practices, labor laws, global business practices, audits and charges from regulatory agencies like EEOC and the OFCCP and state and local agencies.
- Execute proactive labor relations and positive employee relations strategies that maintain workforce stability and ensures a highly engaged work environment.
- Supports and coaches all plant leaders in the administration of work rules, policies and practices.
- Supports the execution of all human capital processes at the plant. Ensures that performance management processes are effectively used by managers to grow and develop their employees.
- Leverage recognition programs and manage and execute local incentives which drive an innovative high performance culture.
- Lead and champion effective employee communication programs.
- Support plant leadership team to implement organization changes that improve individual and plant performance
- Coach and develop direct reports
Sunday, March 7, 2021