People Analyst, Reporting & insights at Google in New York, Illinois, and Georgia
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you're someone who wonders "What if?" and then seeks out the solution.
As an analytics point of contact for Technology Reporting and Insights (R&I) support, you will play an important role in helping the Technology HR team with their data and analytical needs of their teams and customers across the globe. You will serve as the main contact for a People Partner for an organization to provide analytical answers to their questions about people and organizations. Your knowledge of people data and business context will enable you to provide action-oriented analyses to ensure our HR organization, and their customers, are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Work with a team of analysts who partner with HR and business leaders to solve business and analytical problems.
- Build relationships and collaborate with HR leaders and their teams to solve organizational problems by prioritizing work to manage multiple work-streams and high pressure situations. Empower leaders and organizations by providing high quality HR data, reporting, analyses and insights.
- Architect, develop and automate data and analytics solutions, iteratively build and prototype models and dashboards to provide insights at scale.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking. Create effective, scalable, and intuitive reporting solutions.
- Use analytical reasoning to identify problems and develop hypotheses, often recommending a data product that addresses customer/stakeholder needs.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, finance, social science, psychology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working in data analytics or related field.
- Experience using data to create narratives with visualizations, and experience presenting to leaders.
- Experience creating reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards) for business users.
- Experience prioritizing work and navigating ambiguity while collaborating on projects that may involve multiple teams.
- Experience with management consulting or other role directly supporting internal or external clients.
- Experience identifying problems and using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, interventions, and efforts.
- Experience managing an ongoing client relationship with minimal guidance.