Part Time People & Office Manager at Full Circle Brands in New York City, New York
People & Office Manager
We are looking for a People & Office Manager! Are you ready to hit the ground running in overseeing the human resources and culture of a fast-paced, fast-growing house of sustainable brands? You will be in charge of maintaining the day-to-day operations of benefits, compensation and recruitment, helping to set the tone and keeping the office humming along.
The People & Office Manager will report to the Co-Founder & Chief Innovation Officer and provide strategic direction with the goal of improving employee happiness and retention. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. We are a high energy, cooperative place and hoping you are too.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, expenses, vacation, and other personnel packages. Works with CEO and CIO to provide competitive compensation and benefits across the organization.
- Confirm and process payroll semi-monthly, making updates, as necessary.
- Lead recruitment efforts with department directors
- Oversee Employee Onboarding process, including job training, materials and equipment needed, gaining feedback, and continuously improving the process.
- Oversee terminations and offboarding, including final payroll, benefits, and any legal management.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures and internal organizational charts.
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Nurture and create a positive working environment.
- Plan and organize the company’s internal events and social calendar (off-sites, team building events, in-office events, lunch ‘n learns, sporting events, holiday party, etc.); manage and administer the company’s culture/events budget.
- Set tone for internal communication.
- Establishes emotional connections amongst teams.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team morale.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve our team member experience. Assess current programs and propose innovative ways to improve existing ones.
- Monitor and track team member engagement through surveys and other tools, developing ways to increase scores if necessary.
- Promote a cooperative, collaborative, and inclusive culture within the organization.
- Ensure transparency in people-related strategies.
- Organize office operations and procedures and help to ensure adherence by the team.
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory including samples.
- Maintain and improve physical workspace for teams.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, creating reports, assisting Founders as needed
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of human resource disciplines, including knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task across various types of projects from analysis to event planning
- Ability to maintain confidential/ highly sensitive information.
- Good team player and self-motivator
- A nice person to be around
Full Circle Brands is home to three brands that give people the ability to make smarter choices, providing solutions that are thoughtfully designed, better for you, your family and the world.
Full Circle creates beautiful home care products in cleaning, organization and composting, for everyday families to promote health and order in their homes, and the one home we all share.
Soma's mission is to hydrate the world. We design beautifully innovative water bottles, water filters, and coffee and tea products to help you live a healthier, happier life. A portion of sales funds clean drinking water projects globally through our partner charity: water.
Please submit a resume and details on why you would like to work with our company to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.