Looking for HR Generalist/HR Manager - Toledo OH
OCP Contractors Inc. is looking for a Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. This position will be responsible for the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This position serves as a single point of contact for all HR related matters.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel. Implement personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Research and recommend compensation programs to remain competitive. Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies
- Develops, recommends and implements various initiatives on employee engagement, training, and development, employee incentive and recognition etc. Analyzing training needs to design employee training and development programs. Performs benefits administration.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt office positions and works jointly with superintendents to fill all the open field positions; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientation and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in operational and administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws including staffing, employee relations, leaves of absence, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, workers compensation and of policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Guide management development efforts to ensure the management team has the skills and tools available to effectively execute the plant’s strategic plan.
- Oversees maintenance of all personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Oversees planning and implementation of special events. (job fair and other engagement events)
- Maintains HR information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of human resource experience, or ten years of experience in the HR field. A master's degree in human resource management is preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred.
- Exhibits the confidence and strength of character to point out “gaps” between vision and actions and help guide managers toward improved behavior.
- Actively challenges old paradigms and suggests new approaches.
- Influences, coordinates, and communicates with team member and business unit throughout the employment life cycle.
Click Here to Apply: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/447508?appsource=ccp
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year