Director of Human Resources - Cincinnati, Ohio
Great opportunity to join a growing team! FirstLight Home Care is looking for a Director of Human Resources.
Position Title: Director, Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Client Care Services
This is a sub-department leader to create a renewed, continual strong foundation to establish and enhance all core human resource policies, procedures, and best practices to support franchise owners. All human resource policies, practices, and procedures will relate to both franchisor and franchisee implementation. In addition, this HR leader may also identify, coordinate, and manage approved HR Help Desk or other external support tools, relationships.
This leader will be especially critical to continually imbedding our “culture of care” into all areas of the business model, especially as it relates to ongoing foundational and enhanced human resources to establish industry leadership in our HR results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in human resources, preferably in a health care or franchise environment with matching HR responsibilities to this job description
- Exemplified creative development and results managing HR generalist responsibilities in a high growth organization with a variety of internal or external clients supported
- Strong, deep knowledge of working human resource policies, procedures, and creation of human resource “best practices” with a large hourly employee workforce
- Strong track record of working independently to meet or exceed organizational goal
- Experience delivering excellent levels of customer service and maintaining acute sensitivity to customer needs
- Solid communication, organization, time management, presentation and relationship building skills
1. Create a world-class human resources management foundation for direct management advisory of franchisor employees as it relates to HR, health benefit, performance review and employment status. In addition, establish and serve as primary resource for all franchise owner HR support needs, to resolve via either internal, direct guidance, or, via outside, coordinated resource (such as HR Help Desk)
2. Create, manage, and continually enhance all HR training and educational materials for all classes of new and existing owners and FLHC Franchising team members.
3. Work closely with selected outside resources, trade associations, strategic alliance partners and others as opportunities arise to build further competitive advantage to our operating model in these targeted areas of human resources, training, and employee retention for both franchise owner and franchisor audiences.
4. Aggressively develop and professionally present core human resources knowledge, policies, procedures and best practices training in Discovery Day, New Owner Training offerings, as well as, regional and national meeting venues as requested.
5. Serve as the initial system SME and ongoing leader to stay abreast of both state labor law and federal labor laws that apply to the FirstLight HomeCare business and industry.
6. Work closely with Director, Client Care Services, Executive Director, Talent Acquisition, HR and other department members as added to insure coordinated knowledge and consistent support success to successfully meet all owner and franchisor needs.
7. All other duties as assigned
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; extremely well-versed in use of internet, web search, social media and use of web-based tools especially working in State and related human resource management databases; comfortable with basic knowledge of CRM system helpful
Ideal candidate must possess:
· Excellent writing skills (proofreading, grammar)
· Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
· Excellent team orientation
· Excellent attention to detail
· Very strong project management skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work through conflict
Ideal candidate will be able to:
· Work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure, high-growth environment required
· Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal direction
· Based in franchisor offices in Cincinnati
· Office and field environments working successfully with franchise candidates, franchisees, provider partners, strategic alliances, and fellow team members when needed
- Up to 10% travel required on request (Field Visits + Conferences)
Base Salary Range – Very competitive with starting range to be determined by skills and experience
Annual Bonus eligibility at 10% of annual salary based on meeting or exceeding annual growth objectives for individual and team in each calendar year
Apply this position online!